CIRQ is committed to impartiality in the audit and certification services it provides. This Quality Policy outlines that CIRQ understands the importance of impartiality in carrying out its management system certification activities, manages conflict of interest, and ensures the objectivity of its management system certification activities.
CIRQ’s Board of Directors, personnel, external auditors and technical advisors are committed to ensure that all Management System Certification activities are undertaken in an impartial and unbiased manner.
CIRQ has established an Impartiality Committee, comprised of representatives from the market research and insights community, to undertake annual evaluations of areas of potential and unforeseen risk.
CIRQ is currently accredited to both ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015 and ISO 17065:2012 by the ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB) and complies with all requirements of these two framework standards for certification bodies to ensures impartiality for all its personnel related to all certification activities.
CIRQ has established processes to identify, analyze, evaluate, treat, monitor, and document risks related to conflict of interests arising from provision of certification including any conflicts arising from its relationships on an ongoing basis. In case of threats to impartiality, CIRQ documents and demonstrates elimination or minimization of such threats and documents residual risk. In cases of residual risk, each instance is then reviewed to determine if it is within the level of acceptable risk. The demonstration covers all potential threats that are identified whether they arise from within the certification body or from activities of other persons, bodies or organizations. Whenever a relationship poses an unacceptable threat to impartiality then certification will not be provided.
To ensure above CIRQ has established an impartiality committee of interested parties that include clients, representatives of industry associations, and customer organizations.
To demonstrate effective implementation of this Impartiality policy:
- CIRQ will not certify another certification body for its Research and/or Information Security Management System.
- CIRQ will not provide Management Consultancy services for realization, continuity and sustenance of certification.
- CIRQ will not conduct internal audits of its certified clients.
- CIRQ will not provide its services either marketed or offered as linked with organization providing management consultancy.
- CIRQ will not outsource audits to any management system consultancy organization nor allow any auditor, who was responsible for providing management system consultancy towards the client to be involved in audits.
- CIRQ will not state or imply that certification would be simpler, easier, faster or less expensive.
- CIRQ will take action to respond to any threats to its impartiality arising from the actions of other persons, bodies or organization.
CIRQ personnel, or committees, who could influence certification activities will not allow any commercial, financial or other pressures to compromise impartiality are required to sign and submit a No Conflict Statement. CIRQ personnel will not accept assignments in which they may have (1) a vested interest in the assigned client, (2) been employed by the client in some capacity within the past three years, currently, or will agree to be employed by the client in some capacity in the next year (3) provided consulting services to the client within the past two years or will provide consulting to the client in the next year, or (4) provided specific and tailored training services to the client within the past two years.
CIRQ requires the revealing and recording of any situation of conflict of interest from its personnel prior to or during the course of an assignment. If a situation in which CIRQ personnel believe the impartiality of the audit can be/has been compromised, they will notify the CIRQ Managing Director immediately.